- This event has passed.
122 ASH Intensives: Video ONLY Training MORNING SESSION
November 21 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Dive into the visual heartbeat of the American Society Of Hematology show with our Video Tech class. This specialized training session is meticulously designed for technicians who want to sharpen their video setup skills and ensure a visually stunning experience for every attendee.
In this class, you’ll gain hands-on experience with a suite of cutting-edge video equipment, including PCs for presentations, USB capture cards for seamless video streaming, and the versatile Roland V-160 Video Switcher for real-time source management. Learn the ins and outs of signal distribution with 4K SDI Distribution Amplifiers and master the art of video signal conversion with state-of-the-art SDI-to-HDMI converters.
Monitor your success with precision using professional-grade monitors and projectors, including a DSM for detailed feed analysis and Epson projectors for large-scale visual displays. For spaces where every inch counts, you’ll become adept at utilizing short-throw lenses to deliver impactful visuals in compact rooms.
This class isn’t just about learning the gear; it’s about creating a visual narrative that captivates and communicates. Whether you’re projecting keynote presentations or orchestrating a multi-source video display, you’ll leave with the confidence and skill to handle the visual demands of high-profile events like the ASH show.
LOCATION: OLD Globe Rehearsal Hall. Found across the street from the Theater in the Alcazar Garden, the Rehearsal Hall is under the Mengei Museum and has its own entrance at this pin location. DO NOT ENTER THE MENGEI MUSEUM FROM THE FRONT ENTRANCE. They will have no idea who you are, or what class you are talking about. Enter from The Alcazar Garden through the door with the sign above that says Rehearsal Hall. Go to the basement level in the bigger elevator.
1. Master the Wiring Diagrams: Understand and execute the wiring diagrams efficiently, ensuring a seamless setup on the day of the show.
2. Uphold 122/Freeman/ASH Standards: Familiarize yourself with the specific expectations and standards of ASH Breakout rooms, ensuring consistency and quality in every setup.
3. Client & Vendor Relations: Grasp the nuances of client and vendor expectations, ensuring smooth communication and adherence to standards during setups.
4. Hands-on Practice: Utilize the available gear to set up rooms to perfection, simulating real-event scenarios and troubleshooting common challenges.
5. Leadership Skills: Harness the knowledge from industry experts and enhance your leadership capabilities, preparing you to guide teams effectively during actual event setups.
- The learner must have worked a call from the referral hall, worked under a collective bargaining agreement, or be a current member of IATSE Local 122.
- This is an in person class. This class has limited attendance and all attendees must have a reservation; therefore, it will be treated like a job call.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket or email email@example.com.
- Tardiness and/or No-Call-No-Show will be reported to the IATSE Local 122 Compliance Committee.