IATSE Local 122 represents a wide range of workers in the entertainment industry. We are stagehands, wardrobe attendants, makeup artists, designers, audio visual technicians, riggers, carpenters, electricians, video and audio specialists, and a whole lot more. Local 122 governs our own individual structure and manage the continued relationships and agreements with our clients within San Diego, Imperial Counties, and Cochellla Valley. We elect our leaders through a majority vote, determine our internal rules, establish local dues structure and negotiate and ratify our agreements with our employers in a concerted manner.
Whether you’re working for a small shop or a national vendor, and independent producer or a major studio, a local TV station or a national television network, a local community theater or a regional theater, we’ve negotiated contracts that improved similar worker’s lives. Some of the common provisions of our contracts are:
- Recognition of an onsite union steward, to ensure compliance with our agreements
- Protection against discrimination in hiring
- Grievance procudures to resolve agreement disputes
- Penalties for missed meal breaks
- Overtime pay for extended hours
- Guaranteed rest between calls
- Compensation for cancelled calls
- Holiday pay
- Training for new technology
- Worker-paid health and retirement benifits
- “Just Cause” requirement for any discipline and/or termination
IATSE Local 122 is uniquely qualified to represent freelance employees. Most of our members work for multiply employers during the course of the year. For these workers, it is crucial to provide health and retirement funds that are portable.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.